EUtransport gets your parcel to its destination fast and reliably. You can do a lot in advance to ensure everything goes smoothly by following the shipping instructions and using the right materials to prepare your parcel for dispatch. EUtransport will of course give you every assistance. Let us support you.
Ordering a shipment pick-up
When ordering a shipment pick-up, client must indicate:
Full address and name of pick-up place;
To make it easier for courier to find and reach the pick up address, CLIENT has to inform about block number, floor, office or department number / name and door lock code (if there any);
A contact person's name and phone number at the pick-up address;
Shipment type (parcel, pallet or letter), number of units, approximate total weight, destination country and selected EUtransport service type;
Date and time of pick-up for prepared shipment (time from.. till.. , according to defined pick-up times in relevant address);
Other important information about the shipment (necessity for additional insurance, proof of delivery, non standard parameters etc.).
If customer is a juridical person, representative of the customer must have a power of attorney issued by the company containing his name and the purpose of document – receiving or sending a shipment using SIA ""EUtransport Latvija” services. In case if customer’s representative does not have the power of attorney issued by company, services will not be provided.
If customer is a private person, before receiving or sending a shipment he must provide a valid ID. In case private person authorizes a third person to receive shipment, power of attorney must be notarized.
Standard shipment pick-up
1. Courier collects the shipment at the place, indicated by CLIENT, according to the following:
The shipment must be fully prepared at the moment of pick-up;
If the sender is a private person, at the moment of pick-up courier verifies the sender identity, by checking a valid ID;
Shipment should be packed properly, so the content won’t get damaged during transportation, and so that the content couldn’t get damaged without the outside packaging being damaged. The shipment content should not be able to move inside the package. Extra inner packaging must be used for goods that are fragile and can be potentially breaking. CLIENT takes responsibility for damages of goods, if the outer packaging is not damaged during the transportation or it has been insufficient;
CLIENT takes responsibility for such lost or damaged shipment units, which have been poorly connected together and have detached during shipment transportation;
Special attention shipments in addition to a special inner packaging, special attention information sign must be accompanied on the outside packaging. Please note that special attention information sign is necessary for informational purposes only and the package must be prepared in a quality to withstand mechanical handling and transportation on automatic sorting lines;
The accompanying shipment documents should be completed. For the clients, who use letters of guarantee – shipment label will be provided by courier. If some corrections need to be done on the already filled accompanying documents, it should be approved with signature.
2. At the time of pick-up, client should not keep courier waiting without reason. Otherwise there will be calculated downtime expenses according to service price list or enclosure of agreement.
3. Price for delivery services is calculated according to shipment weight, detected on automatic scale in EUtransport terminal, and postal index of delivery according to service pricing in our web page or the supplementary to the contract. If Client selected to pay by cash, EUtransport courier values shipment adequacy to weight limit till 30 kg during the pick-up.
4. Price for delivery services is calculated separately for each shipment unit. Delivery price for total shipment weight for one Receiver can be calculated only based on special agreement.
5. In case of shipment pick-up, the shipment can consist of one or more shipment units that must be taken from one sender and whose LOADING is ensured:
• by courier, if shipments weight is under 30 kg;
• by sender, if shipments weight is over 30 kg. Courier helps to load only those shipment units, whose weight is under 30 kg. In cases where shipment with weight over 30 kg is loaded by courier without the help of sender, the client will receive additional charges for handling services in accordance with the current price list.
6. Courier can refuse to take shipment in case if:
Shipment does not match standard parameters, it is not marked or packaging does not looks safe enough for transportation;
The actual shipment unit quantity does not match the quantity indicated in accompanying documents;
Accompanying documents not filled correctly and complete.
7. Customer shall ensure that shipment fit standard shipment conditions. If non standard shipment will be given at pick up then courier will made remark on accompanying documents and on the shipment, or remark will be done at EUtransport terminal. In this case EUtransport Latvija does not take the responsibility for maintenance of shipment during transportation and shipment delivery in time. Delivery costs for non standard shipment will be calculated according to service pricing in our web page or the supplementary to the contract
8. INVOICES will be charged to you for the shipment delivery, what will be marked with the parcel labels assigned to your company. If there are the same packaging using multiple times for delivery with EUtransport, please make sure that it is not left OLD parcel labels or any other information from the previous delivery times. This will help to avoid problems with the shipment delivery.
Articles excluded from shipment:
Objects or substances, which by it's nature or packaging could be dangerous for employees, grease or damage other shipments or equipment;
Narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances, as well as guns, explosives, combustible or any other dangerous substances;
Cigarettes, alcohol and other excise goods beyond the amount, prescribed by legislation;
Any objects by content, form or transportation contradicting with existing legislation and normative acts;
animal or human parts or organs, biological or medical test materials;
Perishable goods and goods requiring special temperature regime;
Money (any currency), cheques, securities, certificates etc.;
Jewellery, precious metal, antique objects, works of art, clocks, carpets, furriery and other leather products, with value exceeding 100,- EUR per unit;
Other goods with value exceeding 1000,- EUR.
Standard shipment delivery
1. Shipment is delivered to the address indicated in accompanying paper. Shipment is handed to:
Individual person – only to recipient, indicated on parcel label, who can present valid personal identification document – passport, eID card or driver’s license. Courier may issue the shipment to another person, if the person is located in the delivery address that is specified on parcel label, and if this person can present personal identification document and notarized power of attorney (original document), copy of this document must be handed to courier. Courier in his scanner records data of actual recipient's personal identification document.
Legal person – to contact person, mentioned in accompanying paper or any other receiver’s representative (secretary, administrator etc.), signing the couriers for parcel delivery.
2. In case of shipment delivery, the shipment can consist on one or more of shipment units that must be taken from one sender and whose UNLOADING is ensured:
by courier, if shipments weight is under 30 kg;
by consignee, if shipments weight is over 30 kg. Courier helps to unload only those shipment units, whose weight is under 30 kg. In cases where the shipment with weight over 30 kg is unloaded by courier without the help of sender, the client will receive additional charges for handling services in accordance with the current price list. For unloading shipments with weight over 30 kg there are available plus services “Large-size shipment delivery with unloading” and “Additional loader”.
3. Receiver, receiving the shipment, should not keep courier waiting without reason. Otherwise there will be calculated downtime expenses according to service price list or enclosure of agreement.
4. At the moment of shipment delivery, receiver need to assess outer packaging of shipment in the presence of courier. In case if shipment outside packaging is damaged or any shipment unit is missing, receiver should warn the courier, who will create damage act with foto and will make pictures. At the receiver's request, additional damage act may be completed on paper.
5. Courier doesn’t have to check the content of shipment according to invoice or other attached documents, and doesn’t have to wait for receiver to commit the check.
6. Shipment is considered to be delivered when receiver has signed couriers. If receiver refuses to provide his name, surname or signature, shipment will not be handed out.
7. In case if receiver refuses to receive shipment or there is unsuccessfull shipment delivery because of other delivery failure, courier makes a note on POD about the reasons of refusal.
8. Undelivered shipment is transported back to the warehouse, client is informed about it.
9. If receiver at the moment of delivery will return to courier invoices, even there would not be previous request from customer for invoice’s return service, returned invoices will be delivered back to the sender of goods, applying the price for corresponding shipment weight. This service is paid by goods sender indicated on the invoice.
10. Client, who orders and pays for shipment pick-up outside Latvia and delivery in Latvia, negotiates with the sender about precise amount of shipment items and notes it in the collection request. Client is responsible for payment of the shipment item amount that is handed to courier outside Latvia and delivered to client in Latvia.
Non-standard shipment is:
Parcel or pallet, that is bigger than standard sizes (for parcel - max length of one side – 1.75 m, max girth – 3.00 m. Parcel max girth is 2 weights + 2 heights + length; for pallet – 1.20 x 0.80 x 1.80 m.);
Pallet with weight over 700 kg;
Pallet with height under 1.00 m;
Parcel that can not be put on the conveyor due to its size or safety (oils; paints; glues and other liquid shipments; shipments, wrapped in plastic, etc.)
Bicycles packaged but being driven agenda which the price for a consignment is 45 EURO
• Prams, delicate children's belongings,
• Garden-room or kitchen equipment, chairs,
• Sofas, mattresses, dressers, furniture, etc.
Parcels that are not packed to protect their contents or that endanger other shipments being transported on conveyor;
Shipments whose packaging does not cover its contents.
By giving shipment to EUtransport care do you agree that we or any governmental authority including customs and security authorities may open and inspect your shipment throughout the transport, in accordance with Article 14. and 26. of the Postal Law.
Contents of the shipment can be checked selectively, as well as in cases where it is suspected that the shipment content can contain prohibited items, materials or animals, in accordance with Paragraph 24. of the Postal Law about prohibited items and substances.
Examination of the parcel content is performed in accordance with the provisions of the MK Nr.493 "Procedure for postal operator open the postal item, remove from postal items prohibited items, materials or animals, to destroy them or otherwise disposed of."
EUtransport material responsibility
EUtransport is materially responsible for shipment, given to EUtransport, loss, shipment content loss or damage.
EUtransport release of material responsibility for shipments
EUtransport is released from material responsibility for shipment loss, shipment content damage or loss, if the reason is major force, shipment contents characteristics or CLIENT’S responsibility.
EUtransport is not responsible for:
Damage or loss of shipment contents, which have been handed over being closed and handed over to receiver without damaged outer packaging and the receiver has not noted any damages at the moment of delivery in the presence of courier.
Damage or loss of shipment contents, if the complaint is made after receiving shipment and the receiver has not noted any damages or shipment content losses at the moment of delivery.
Indirect losses*, which have arisen to sender or receiver due to shipment loss, content loss or damage or delay in transportation.
Not making the delivery if the shipment contains prohibited items and its further delivery is suspended;
Shipment confiscation due to decisions of public authorities.
Actions of customs authorities and staff associated with shipment clearance.
1. CLIENT is responsible for additional insurance if his shipment value exceeds EUtransport compensation limit - up to 100 € per unit, but no more than 100 € per shipment.
2. CLIENT is materially responsible for following losses and damage on these occasions:
Direct loss caused to shipments of other EUtransport clients;
Loss caused to EUtransport property;
Damage caused to EUtransport employees.
The complaint (reclamation) must be submitted within 6 (six) months from the date of shipment dispatch, as defined in the Postal Law of the Republic of Latvia (53 article).
Complaints (reclamations) are examined according to terms defined in EUtransport Latvija terms and conditions of claim investigation.
Conditions of compensation payment
Compensation is paid only if in case of complaint about shipment loss, content loss or damage, the examination reveals EUtransport responsibility.
In cases where decision is made to pay compensation:
23. Compensation does not exceed 1000.00 EUR for one shipment, in same time not exceeding 100.00 EUR for one parcel or pallet, if one shipment consists of several parcels or pallets (for deliveries in Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia and other foreign countries, listed on actual price list).
24. In cases when CLIENTS complaint for lost shipments is recognized reasonable, EUtransport pays the CLIENT a compensation in actual value of lost goods, according to shipment content list and not exceeded maximal compensation amount. If there is no shipment content list, compensation is paid according to calculation 8.33 SDR** per shipment weight kilogram and not exceeded maximal compensation amount.
25. In cases when CLIENTS complaint for damaged shipments is recognized reasonable, EUtransport pays the CLIENT compensation in amount the value which the damaged item has lost. If full value of damaged item is compensated, the damaged item after compensation payment to CLIENT becomes property of EUtransport or in case of additional insurance – property of insurance company.
26. Compensation for lost document shipment does not exceed 20 EUR.
* Indirect losses - moral hazard, loss of expected revenue, any type of fines or other similar sanctions, the loss of business disruption and replacement service
** SDR – payment unit of International Monetary Fund.