VSTRANSPORT LTD provides the simplest and most convenient cargo delivery solutions. You can rely on us!
EUtransport provides the simplest and most convenient cargo delivery solutions. You can rely on us!
To avoid unnecessary difficulties, when sending articles through VSTRANSPORT LTD, you should remember a few points. Don’t worry, in this section we will tell you about all the most important nuances and give you valuable advice. Get the most out of working with us!
1. Registration of shipments
When requesting a parcel dispatch service, the CLIENT must indicate:
1.1. Full name/legal name of the person paying for the shipment.
1.2. Address and name of the place where you want us to pick up the shipment.
1.3. To make it easier to find and access the address, you must also indicate house number, floor, office number or department name and door code.
1.4. Name and phone number of the contact person at the pick-up address.
1.5. Type of shipment (parcel, pallet or document), number of articles in the shipment, approximate total weight, country of delivery and the selected type of EUtransport service.
1.6. Date and time interval when you need us to pick up the prepared parcel (from … to … (in accordance with the established collection times at the corresponding address)).
1.7. Other important information related to shipment (additional insurance, confirmation of delivery required, non-standard sizes, etc.).
1.8. Only the payer or a person authorized by him/her can order a shipment.
1.9. In case of an unreasonable call to the courier (false call), either a warning or an additional fee will be charged according to the current price list. In order to avoid such cases, please inform us in advance about the cancellation of the order by phone 22001118, or by e-mail.
2. CUSTOMER SERVICE in our office
In case you wish to send or receive a parcel(-s) at the VSTRANSPORT LTD in Kuldiga, Kalku str. 14, the following procedure must be strictly followed:
2.1. If the client is a legal entity, its representative must present a power of attorney issued by the company authorizing the particular person to receive or send parcels on behalf of the company. If the client is unable to present such power of attorney, the service will not be provided. The power of attorney must include the information that the corresponding power of attorney was issued to receive/send parcels through VSTRANSPORT LTD.
2.2. If the client is an individual, when receiving or sending parcels, it is necessary to present an identity document (passport, ID-card) or driver’s license, in accordance with the instructions of the sender. If the client authorizes another person to receive a parcel, it is necessary to present a notarized original of the general power of attorney or power of attorney to receive mail on behalf of the recipient. A copy of the power of attorney is given to the EUtransport customer service specialist.
2.3. Upon receipt of the parcel at the EUtransport customer service point in Kuldiga, Kalku str. 14, no commission is charged.
3. Parcel pick-up
The courier picks up parcels at the place specified by the CLIENT, subject to the following conditions:
3.1. By the specified time, the parcel must be fully prepared for shipment.
3.2. If the sender is a private person, when picking up the parcel, the courier verifies the identity of the sender by checking his/her identity documents.
3.3. The parcel must be packaged the way that ensures the safety of the shipment during transportation, i.e. so that, without damaging the packaging, its contents cannot be damaged or reached. The contents of the package must not move inside it during the handling and transportation. For potentially fragile goods, additional inner packaging must be used. The customer undertakes responsibility for damage to the contents of the package if the outer packaging remains intact during transportation or is insufficient.
3.4. The customer undertakes responsibility for such lost or damaged items of the package contents that were attached and got separated from each other during transportation.
3.5. Parcels that require special attention must be accordingly labeled in addition to the special inner packaging. Please note that the labeling is for informative purposes only, and the packaging must be of such quality to withstand mechanical processing and transportation on the conveyor.
3.6. The sender must fill out the accompanying documents (a waybill). For customers using letters of guarantee, a waybill will be provided by the courier. If corrections are required to be made in the prepared waybills, they must be confirmed by the signature of the sender.
3.7. The sender should not unreasonably detain the courier when sending parcels. Otherwise, an additional fee will be charged for a standstill or false call according to the price list or annex to the contract.
3.8. The cost of delivery services is calculated in accordance with the price list published on the website or in the annex to the contract, based on the following factors:
- Weight and dimensions of the parcel, which are measured at the EUtransport terminal using verified measuring instruments;
- Postal code (ZIP code) of the delivery address.
3.9. The service fee is calculated for each article of the shipment separately. The service fee is calculated by the total weight per recipient only on the basis of a special agreement mentioned in the contract.
3.10. When the courier picks up the parcel, the shipment is considered to be one or more dispatched articles that should be picked up from one sender and which are LOADED by:
- the courier, if the total weight of the shipment does not exceed 30 kg;
- the sender, if the total weight of the shipment exceeds 30 kg. The courier helps to load only those dispatched articles, the weight of which does not exceed 30 kg.
In exceptional cases, when the courier loads the shipment without the help of the sender, the client will be charged an additional fee for loading service in accordance with the current price list.
3.11. The courier has the right not to accept the shipment in the following cases:
- The shipment does not meet the regulatory parameters, it is not labelled or the packaging raises doubts about the safety of the parcel during transportation;
- The number of articles in the shipment does not correspond to the quantity indicated in the accompanying documents (waybill);
- The accompanying documents are not completed properly.
3.12. Invoices are issued for the delivery of those parcels that are marked in the waybill issued to the Client. The client should make sure that only one waybill was attached to the parcel and that there are no additional waybills left from previous shipments. If there are several waybills, an additional fee may be charged according to the price list or annex to the contract.
4. Prohibited articles and shipping restrictions
4.1. Articles or substances that, by their nature or due to packaging, can become dangerous to employees, to stain or damage other parcels or equipment.
4.2. Narcotic and psychotropic substances, as well as weapons, explosive, flammable or otherwise dangerous substances.
4.3. Cigarettes, alcohol and other excise goods.
4.4. Any item, the content, shape or transportation of which is contrary to the applicable laws and regulations.
4.5. Animals, parts or organs of animals or humans, perishable biological and infectious substances.
4.6. Goods requiring special temperature conditions.
4.7. Money (in any currency), checks, securities, certificates, etc.
4.8. Gems, precious metals, jewelry, antiques, artworks, watches, carpets, furs, leather and other leather products, the value of which exceeds 100 euros per article.
5.1. The shipment will be delivered to the address indicated on the waybill. The package will be handed in to:
• If the recipient is an individual, – only to the recipient indicated on the waybill, who can present a valid identity document: passport, ID card or driver’s license, according to the instructions of the sender. The courier may also hand in the parcel to another person, if he/she is present at the delivery address indicated on the waybill, and can present an identity document and a notarized original of the general power of attorney or a power of attorney to receive parcels on behalf of the recipient, as well as to give the courier a copy of such a power of attorney. The courier notes the details of the identity document of the actual recipient;
• If the recipient is a legal entity, – to the contact person indicated on the waybill or another company representative (secretary, administrator, etc.) who is present at the address indicated by the sender, and who will sign for the receipt of the shipment.
5.2. When the courier is delivering the parcel, the shipment is considered to be one or several dispatched articles to be delivered to one recipient, theUNLOADING of which is ensured by:
- the courier, if the total weight of the shipment does not exceed 30 kg;
- the recipient, if the total weight of the shipment exceeds 30 kg. The courier helps to unload only those articles, the weight of which does not exceed 30 kg. In exceptional cases, when the courier unloads the shipment without the assistance of the recipient, the client will be charged an additional fee for the unloading service in accordance with the current price list. For unloading a shipment weighing more than 30 kg, the service “Delivery of large-size articles with unloading (additional loader)” is available.
- In case when the courier unloads a parcel/-s and with a total weight of more than 30 kg without the assistance of the recipient, the client will be charged an additional fee for the unloading service in accordance with the current price list.
5.3. The recipient, when accepting the shipment, must not unreasonably detain the courier. Otherwise, an additional standstill fee will be charged in accordance with the price list or annex to the contract.
5.4. At the time of receiving the shipment, the recipient evaluates the outer packaging of the parcel in the presence of the courier. If the outer packaging of the parcel is damaged or there are reasonable suspicions of damage to the contents of the parcel, a damage report is drawn up and photographs are taken using the courier’s camera. At the request of the client, an additional damage report can be drawn up on paper.
5.5. The courier is not obliged to check the consistency of the contents of the parcel to the delivery note/invoice or other documents attached to the parcel, and should not wait for the recipient to do so.
5.6. The shipment is considered delivered when the recipient has signed the courier’s waybill. If the recipient refuses to provide his full name and refuses to sign the confirmation of receipt, the shipment will not be issued to him/her.
5.7. In cases when the recipient refuses to accept the shipment, or the shipment cannot be delivered for other reasons, the courier must indicate the reasons for the refusal on the courier’s waybill.
5.8. The undelivered parcel is returned to the warehouse and the sender is notified so.
5.9. A client who orders and pays for the delivery of parcels to Latvia from outside Latvia shall agree with the sender outside Latvia the exact number of articles in the shipment, indicating this in the reservation form. The client is responsible for paying for all shipment articles that will be handed over to the EUtransport courier outside Latvia and delivered to the client in Latvia.
6. Standard dimensions and weight of shipped articles.
6.1. EUtransport Classic package – one shipment article
- The maximum weight that the courier can lift/carry on his own is 30 kg.
- The maximum total length is 3.00 m.
- Calculation of the total length: 2 widths + 2 heights + the longest side.
7. Delivery of non-standard articles
7.1. Non-standard articles are the articles outside the standard size:
- Boxes or pallets larger than standard size;
- Pallets less than 1.00 m high;
- Boxes that are not fixed on a pallet and weigh more than 30 kg.
- shipments, the state of packaging of which does not ensure the safety of the contents or imperils the safety of other parcels during their transportation on the conveyor;
- shipments, the packaging of which does not completely cover their contents;
- articles packed in film;
- insufficiently fixed among themselves several articles of the shipment;
- Parcels in the form of a long thin cylinder.
Articles that, for security reasons, are not processed on the conveyor and undergo manual processing:
- Unpacked, but in working order, bicycles price 45 euros per shipment,
- Baby carriages, fragile baby things,
- Garden or kitchen equipment, chairs,
- Sofas, mattresses, dressers, furniture, etc.
- Monitors and screens over 30 inches;
- Insufficiently packed, easily bendable articles (e.g. posters, large format prints, promotional materials, etc.);
- Oils, paints, glues and other liquids in cans.
7.2. The client ensures that the parcel meets the standard shipping conditions. When a non-standard parcel is given to the courier, the courier can make a note about this in the accompanying documents and on the parcel, or the parcel is marked accordingly at the EUtransport terminal. In this case, VSTRANSPORT LTD Latvija is not responsible for the safety of the shipment during transportation and for its timely delivery.
7.3. For the delivery of non-standard articles, a commission is calculated in accordance with the price list or annex to the contract.
8. Checking the contents of parcels
8.1. By handing in the parcel to EUtransport representative, the Client agrees that EUtransport or any authorized government body, including customs and security authorities, may open and check the parcel of the Client during the entire transportation in accordance with the provisions of Articles 14 and 26 of the Postal Law.
8.2. The contents of the parcel are checked randomly, as well as in cases when there is a suspicion that the parcel contains prohibited articles, alcohol, cigarettes, unauthorized substances or animals, in accordance with the List of Prohibited Articles specified in paragraph 24 of the Postal Law.
8.3. The contents of the parcel are checked in accordance with the Cabinet of Ministers Regulations No. 493 “The procedure according to which a postal merchant opens mailed items, removes articles, substances or animals prohibited for shipment from mailed items, destroys them or handles them in any other way, as well as the procedure, according to which the client is fined.”
9. EUtransport.lv liability
9.1. EUtransport is financially responsible for the loss of parcels handed over to it, damage or loss of the contents of the parcels.
9.2. EUtransport is exempt from material liability for the loss of the parcels handed over to it, damage or loss of the contents of the parcel caused by force majeure, the properties of the contents of the parcel, or the RESPONSIBILITY of the CLIENT.
9.3. EUtransport is not responsible for:
- Damage or loss of the contents of parcels that were handed over to EUtransport unopened, and during the delivery of which the outer packaging was not marked as damaged by drawing up a damage report signed by both the recipient and the courier.
- For damage or loss of the contents of the parcel, if a complaint about this was made after the delivery of the parcel to the recipient or his/her authorized person, and if damage or loss of its contents was not stated during the transfer of the parcel.
- Consequential damages* caused to the sender or recipient due to loss of parcel, damage or loss of content, as well as delays in transportation.
- The inability to deliver the parcel to the recipient if the parcel contains prohibited articles and its further delivery is suspended.
- Parcels confiscated in accordance with decisions of the competent state authorities.
- Actions of customs officials and customs brokers (including their employees) related to customs clearance of goods.
10. Client responsibility
The CLIENT is financially responsible for the following losses and damages:
- For direct damage caused to parcels of other EUtransport customers;
- For damage to EUtransport property;
- Damage caused to EUtransport employees.
11.1. Claims of non-conformity must be submitted within 6 (six) months from the date of dispatch of the parcel, as specified in Section 53 of the Latvian Postal Law.
11.3. EUtransport CLIENTS are entitled to compensation if, after consideration of the CLIENT’s claim, the claim for compensation was recognized justified.
11.4. Compensation will only be paid if in case of loss of the parcel, damage or loss of the contents of the parcel the liability of EUtransport was established during a non-conformity check.
11.5. The compensation paid must not exceed:
- 100 euros for one shipment article, which has its own EUtransport article number, and no more than 100 euros for one shipment, which consists of several articles;
11.6. In cases when the CLIENT’s claim for the lost parcel is recognized as justified, the compensation payable to the CLIENT is calculated, depending on the selected EUtransport delivery service and documents confirming the content of the parcel:
- in the amount of the actual value of the lost articles in accordance with the documents certifying the value of the contents of the shipment, not exceeding the amount of compensation referred to in these Rules;
- in cases when documents confirming the cost of the contents of the shipment are not provided, compensation is paid based on the calculation of the weight of the parcel per kilogram, without exceeding the amount of compensation referred to in these Rules;
11.7. In cases when the CLIENT’s claim for a damaged parcel is found to be justified, EUtransport pays compensation to the CLIENT in the amount for which the damaged articles have lost their value, but not more than the amount of compensation specified in these Rules. If the full value of the damaged articles is reimbursed, the damaged articles, after payment of compensation to the CLIENT, become the property of EUtransport or, in the case of additional insurance, the insurance company.
11.8. The compensation paid for the lost parcel with documents, to which the list of contents is attached, does not exceed 20 euros.
*Consequential damages – moral losses, loss of profits, fines of any kind or other similar sanctions, damages due to the failure of transporation and replacement of services.
**SDR – units of account for the International Monetary Fund